Hockey Skating Skills
Fundamental skating for hockey ages 6+
CSS Learn to Skate USA Hockey 1-4 is designed to teach the fundamentals of hockey skating to beginner skaters. Proper skating technique is the primary focus with an emphasis on speed and agility. (Ages 6 and up or successful completion of Snowplow Sam 1, 2, 3 and 4)
Who: Youth wanting to learn to skate to move into hockey. No sticks or pucks used during class.
What: Learn to Skate USA Hockey Skating Skills
When: Sundays 5:55-6:45 pm and/or Wednesdays 5:55-6:45 pm We offer on-going progressive enrollment, join a class at your convenience. You have the flexibility to choose your start date and class days.
Where: Sports Plus 10765 Reading Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45241
Why: Because we love skating and think you will too!
Bonus: Skate Rental included!
Equipment Needed: None, skate rental included. Purchase equipment as you go – start with a Jersey from your favorite team, then a hockey helmet, then skates.
- Hockey 1 Introductory level. Age 6 and up (skaters under 6 must have passed Snowplow Sam 1-3). Fall and recover, hockey stance, march, glide, swizzle, t-push, stop.
- Hockey 2 Forward strides, forward c-cuts, backward hustle and swizzles, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 1
- Hockey 3 Lateral crossovers, forward edges, backward c-cuts, backward stop, one foot stop, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 2
- Hockey 4 Quick starts and stops, forward crossovers, backward crossovers, hockey stops, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 3
- Power Skating Powerful backward c-cuts, forward and backward alternating crossovers, lateral pivots, V-stops, turns, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 4
View a full description of the curriculum here: https://learntoskateusa.com/
Cincinnati Swords Learn to Play Hockey Program
Upon completion of Hockey 4, skaters will graduate out of CSS and will be asked to start Learn to Play Hockey with the Cincinnati Swords Youth Hockey Program. We want our hockey players to be the first player to the puck!
Visit their website for a full description of the Cincinnati Swords Learn to Play Hockey Program.
Skaters will participate in a 10 week session. Skaters will continue to work on skating skills and learn new skills such as stick and puck handling, passing and shooting.
Full equipment is required:
- Hockey Skates
- Hockey Stick
- Hockey Helmet
- Shoulder pads
- Elbow Pads
- Hockey Pants
- Shin Guards
- Mouth Guard
Register for a CSS Learn to Skate USA Hockey Class
Learn to Skate USA Membership – All CSS skaters are required to become Learn to Skate USA Members. Click here to register.
Questions? Please contact our Skating Director at 513.512.3361 or Director@SkateCincinnati.org