Learn to Skate USA Ice Skating Instruction
The “Basic Skills” are the fundamentals of the sport. These six levels of the program introduce the fundamentals moves – forward skating, backward skating, stops, crossovers and turns. Upon completion of Learn to Skate USA Basic 1-6 levels, skaters will have the basic knowledge of the sport, enabling them to advance to the more specialized areas of skating – Pre-Freeskating, Free skating, Ice Dancing, Pairs, and Synchronized Skating with a team.
Who: Youth ages 6-15
What: Learn to Skate USA Basic Ice Skating Lessons
When: Sundays 5:55-6:45 pm and/or Wednesdays 5:55-6:45 pm We offer on-going progressive enrollment, join a class at your convenience. You have the flexibility to choose your start date and class days.
Where: Sports Plus 10765 Reading Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45241
Why: Because we love skating and think you will too!
Bonus: Skate Rental included!
- Basic 1 Fall and recover, march, glide, dip, swizzles, wiggles, hop. Introductory level. Ages 6 and up (skaters under age 6 must have completed Snowplow Sam 1-4).
- Basic 2 Scooter pushes, forward one foot glides, backward two foot glides and swizzles, turns, stops. Pre-requisite: Basic 1, Snowplow Sam 4, or equivalent skills.
- Basic 3 Stroking, pumps, turns, backward one foot glides, stop, pivots. Pre-requisite: Basic 2 or equivalent skills.
- Basic 4 Forward edges and crossovers, backward pumps and glides, two foot spin and lunges. Pre-requisite: Basic 3 or equivalent skills.
- Basic 5 Backward edges, backward crossovers, two foot spins, stops. Pre-requisite: Basic 4 or equivalent skills.
- Basic 6 Turns, stops, hops, spirals, and one foot spins. Pre-requisite: Basic 5 or equivalent skills.
View a full description of the curriculum here: https://learntoskateusa.com/
Register for a CSS Learn to Skate
Learn to Skate USA Membership – All CSS skaters are required to become Learn to Skate USA Members. Click here to register.
Questions? Please contact our Skating Director at 513.512.3361 or Director@SkateCincinnati.org