Teen and Adult
Classes for adults and more mature skaters ages 13+
The teen and adult classes teach the fundamentals of skating for a more mature skater (ages 13 and up). Forward skating, backward skating, crossovers, turns, and stops are introduced in 6 progressive levels. Upon completing the Adult 1-6 curriculum, skaters will be ready to advance to more specific disciplines of figure skating such as freeskating, ice dancing, pairs, theatrical skating, or synchronized skating.
- Adult 1 Forward skating, stops. Introductory level. Ages 13 and up.
- Adult 2 Backward skating, stops. Pre-requisite: Adult 1 or equivalent skills.
- Adult 3 Advanced forward stroking, pumps on circles, turns, backward glides and stops, dance steps. Pre-requisite: Adult 2 or equivalent skills.
- Adult 4 Forward edges and crossovers, backward glides and pumps, hockey stop. Pre-requisite: Adult 3 or equivalent skills.
- Adult 5 Backward edges and crossovers, turns, swing rolls, two foot spin. Pre-requisite: Adult 4 or equivalent skills.
- Adult 6 Advanced forward and backward stroking on pattern, turns, T-stops, Lunge, two foot to one foot spin. Pre-requisite: Adult 5 or equivalent skills.
View a full description of the curriculum here: https://learntoskateusa.com/
Register for a Teen/Adult Class
Click the “REGISTER” link next to your desired class to be taken to a secure form to register and save a spot for the next session! You will NOT be charged at this time. If you are interested in a class level that is not currently listed, please contact our skating director at Director@skatecincinnati.org. We are happy to make special arrangements to suit your needs!