Fundamental skating for hockey ages 6+
Hockey 1-4 is designed to teach the fundamentals of hockey skating to beginner skaters. Proper skating technique is the primary focus with an emphasis on speed and agility. (Ages 6 and up or successful completion of Snowplow Sam 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Hockey 1 Introductory level. Age 6 and up (skaters under 6 must have passed Snowplow Sam 1-3). Fall and recover, hockey stance, march, glide, swizzle, t-push, stop.
- Hockey 2 Forward strides, forward c-cuts, backward hustle and swizzles, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 1
- Hockey 3 Lateral crossovers, forward edges, backward c-cuts, backward stop, one foot stop, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 2
- Hockey 4 Quick starts and stops, forward crossovers, backward crossovers, hockey stops, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 3
- Power Skating Powerful backward c-cuts, forward and backward alternating crossovers, lateral pivots, V-stops, turns, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 4
View a full description of the curriculum here: https://learntoskateusa.com/
Register for a Hockey Class
Click the “REGISTER” link next to your desired class to be taken to a secure form to register and save a spot for the next session! You will NOT be charged at this time. Don’t see the class you need? Contact our skating director and we will be happy to help set something up that will work for you!
All classes are charged on a monthly basis. $115 includes a 25 minute lesson, 25 minute practice ice, the Halloween Skating Exhibition (costumes additional) and the Annual Spring Ice Show (costumes additional). Please understand it is intended for your skater to participate in CSS for the entire skating season. There will be some months with 3 lessons and other months with 5 lessons. All coaching and ice time is included for Show numbers, however, since costume needs differ according to group numbers and sizes, all costumes must be purchased separately.