Fundamental skating for hockey ages 6+
CSS Learn to Skate USA Hockey 1-4 is designed to teach the fundamentals of hockey skating to beginner skaters. Proper skating technique is the primary focus with an emphasis on speed and agility. (Ages 6 and up or successful completion of Snowplow Sam 1, 2, 3 and 4)
- Hockey 1 Introductory level. Age 6 and up (skaters under 6 must have passed Snowplow Sam 1-3). Fall and recover, hockey stance, march, glide, swizzle, t-push, stop.
- Hockey 2 Forward strides, forward c-cuts, backward hustle and swizzles, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 1
- Hockey 3 Lateral crossovers, forward edges, backward c-cuts, backward stop, one foot stop, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 2
- Hockey 4 Quick starts and stops, forward crossovers, backward crossovers, hockey stops, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 3
- Power Skating Powerful backward c-cuts, forward and backward alternating crossovers, lateral pivots, V-stops, turns, and more. Prerequisite: Hockey 4
View a full description of the curriculum here: https://learntoskateusa.com/
Register for a CSS Learn to Skate USA Hockey Class
Click the “REGISTER” link next to your desired class to be taken to a secure form to register and save a spot for the next session! You will NOT be charged at this time. Don’t see the class you need? Contact our skating director and we will be happy to help set something up that will work for you!