Classes for youth skaters ages 6-12
The “Basic Skills” are the fundamentals of the sport. These six levels of the program introduce the fundamentals moves – forward skating, backward skating, stops, crossovers and turns. Upon completion of Learn to Skate USA Basic 1-6 levels, skaters will have the basic knowledge of the sport, enabling them to advance to the more specialized areas of skating – Pre-Freeskating, Free skating, Ice Dancing, Pairs, and Synchronized Skating with a team.
- Basic 1 Fall and recover, march, glide, dip, swizzles, wiggles, hop. Introductory level. Ages 6 and up (skaters under age 6 must have completed Snowplow Sam 1-4).
- Basic 2 Scooter pushes, forward one foot glides, backward two foot glides and swizzles, turns, stops. Pre-requisite: Basic 1, Snowplow Sam 4, or equivalent skills.
- Basic 3 Stroking, pumps, turns, backward one foot glides, stop, pivots. Pre-requisite: Basic 2 or equivalent skills.
- Basic 4 Forward edges and crossovers, backward pumps and glides, two foot spin and lunges. Pre-requisite: Basic 3 or equivalent skills.
- Basic 5 Backward edges, backward crossovers, two foot spins, stops. Pre-requisite: Basic 4 or equivalent skills.
- Basic 6 Turns, stops, hops, spirals, and one foot spins. Pre-requisite: Basic 5 or equivalent skills.
View a full description of the curriculum here: https://learntoskateusa.com/
Register for a CSS Learn to Skate USA Class
Click the “REGISTER” link next to your desired class to be taken to a secure form to register and save a spot for the next session! You will NOT be charged at this time.
All classes are charged on a monthly basis. $115 includes a 25 minute lesson, 25 minute practice ice, the Halloween Skating Exhibition (costumes additional) and the Annual Spring Ice Show (costumes additional). Please understand it is intended for your skater to participate in CSS for the entire skating season. There will be some months with 3 lessons and other months with 5 lessons. All coaching and ice time is included for Show numbers, however, since costume needs differ according to group numbers and sizes, all costumes must be purchased separately.